Broken escalators are still stairs
It’s me. Again. 🙂
This post is about my…no….our… second Liebster Award nomination this year. Even though this post is about the award, this post is also a heartfelt thank you from me to you. A thank you for being a part of this 4D family, where we dare each other to go beyond what we see. I thank God every time I open my laptop and see this blog. I am blessed to be a part of your lives, to be able to influence people I’ve never even met. This is exciting. This is extraordinary.
God bless you guys! You’ve been wonderful to me and to my work and so I thank you.
Here’s to our second Liebster award and 202 followers!
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Stuart L. Tutt, my dear friend, for nominating me for this award. He’s a great blogger and an inspiration to me. You can visit his blog at https://stubaby777.wordpress.com/ Make sure you check it out!
Okay, now let’s get right into it!
Here are the rules:
If you’ve been nominated and you choose to accept the nomination, write a post about the Liebster award in which you:
1. thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. provide 11 random facts about yourself.
5. nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
6. create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. list these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
Here are 11 random facts about myself ( I will try my best not to include any from my last Liebster Award 🙂 )
- I am a Christian
- I love old music.
- I love planes. I’ve been a fan since I was a small kid. I used to play the Microsoft Flight Simulator a lot. I mean a LOT. They are so beautiful, so free you just want to be a part of them.
- I collect the packets my guitar strings come in and hang them all over my room :). It’s a bit weird but I like it. It inspires me.
- When I was a kid, I tried to make my own submarine ( in case there was a tsunami, though that would never probably happen with us being a good way away from the ocean. lol. ) 🙂
- I hope to do a concert on the Niagara falls someday. ( I’ve never been to Niagara Falls though ) 🙂
- I like vintage cars
- I love to sing in the bathroom
- I play the a few instruments ( the guitar, the piano, the mouth organ, and a little this and a little that of some other instruments)
- I don’t like video games that much. ( as of now) 🙂
- I want to do a TED talk one day
My answers to Stuart’s questions:
1. What would be the one thing you would tell your younger self, if you could go back in time?
Ans: God’s in control.
2. What is your favorite verse in the Bible and why?
Ans: Wow. That’s a hard one. I believe the Christian life is not about our love for God but God’s love for us. So, I am going to go with the famous John 3:16. 🙂
3. What is your reason for starting your blog?
I’ve always worked towards being an all rounder instead of working towards being anyone in particular. If I can’t do something, it’s ok. But I try. Blogging was something like that. But I loved writing and I thought I should use it show people how I saw the world. And it was pretty cool to introduce yourself as a blogger to new people.
4. Which actor/actress did you have a crush on growing up?
It’s a secret. 🙂
5. Do you prefer board games or a game of cards?
Board games! I used to play chess and I really enjoy it.
6. What is you favorite breakfast food?
I love eating fruits. So a bowl of some great fruits is an awesome start to the day for me.
7. Do you prefer mustard or mayo?
8. Which TV series can you not go a week without watching?
I don’t watch TV series’ that much but I do watch movies. One of my favorites is ‘Facing the Giants’. I rewatch it from time to time.
9. Have you wanted to do something but chose not to because of circumstances?
I wanted to be a lead guitar player for a band. But I had to study and get a job first. 🙂
10. When was the last time you went out to eat?
About 2 weeks ago, I think.
11. How hard is it to forgive yourself?
It’s hard sometimes. But I remind myself, if God can forgive me, I should forgive myself too.
Teen, Meet God :- https://teenmeetgod.wordpress.com/
Alethea’s mind :- https://aletheasmind.wordpress.com/
I write…..my love story :- https://wcr281.com/
Grief to Life :- http://grieftolife.com/
Life is short, I believe in making the most of it :- https://totalbradnessblog.wordpress.com/
Belle’s Nook :- https://bellesnook.wordpress.com/
Maritime Mac :- https://maritimemac.com/
My questions: ( You can also answer these questions in the comments) 🙂
- Which is your favourite song?
- What would you name your car?
- If you could live anywhere in the world for one year, where would you live? ( I wanted to say 1 day, but then that would be silly)
- If you had your own company what would you name it?
- Which is your favorite band?
- Which do you like more: rain or snow?
- What is your superpower?
- If you could invent anything, what would you invent?
- Which is the best book you’ve ever read?
- Which part of blogging do you like most?
- What do you want to pray about, today?
Thank you guys, once again. You’ve all been amazing. God bless!
Oh, my God! This is amazing! I’ve been nominated for my first blogger award- the Liebster Award. I just want to thank all of you guys for sharing the ride with me. This is also your success. I especially want to thank Rageshree, who you can find at https://fantasies55215920.wordpress.com/ for nominating me for this award. I am very humbled and grateful. Please make sure you check out her blog. Her blog is a mix of amazing posts about a vast array of topics. I’m sure you guys will like it.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.
3. Answer 11 questions the blogger gave you.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers, who deserve the award.
5. Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer.
6. Let them know they’ve been nominated.
11 facts about myself:
1. I am a Christian. 🙂
2. I am a very shy person
3. I don’t have a TV!
4. I like dogs.
5. I play 3 instruments- guitar, piano and the mouth organ. But I know a little this and a little that about some other instruments as well.
6. My favourite hobby is just staring out the window in the morning and thinking.
7. My favourite homemade food is Appams and Chicken stew, a dish well known to South India. But when I go out for food, I love getting my hands on a plate of American Chop Suey.
8. I’ve always loved to recycle stuff. For example, I use magazines and stick their pages together to make tablecloths. 🙂
9. I love to write, sitting in the open, in the shade of a tree to be specific, though I am not always able to. 🙂
10. Most days, the only time I am not listening to music is when I am sleeping.
11. I love the colour blue! 🙂
My answers to Rageshree’s questions:
1. Which is you favorite book/movie and why?
My favourite book is the Bible. It brings God into my everyday life and adds colour and meaning to my perspective. I love animated movies( all of them) 🙂
2. If there is no internet connection in the house, what do you do for fun? [Don’t say: Try to connect the internet again or watch offline videos]
Haha 🙂 ! I would most probably stare out the window and think. But I also love to read and do my workouts. ( I’ve been reading a lot lately! )
3. If you had the chance to fly to any one place in the entire world, where would it be and why?
Wow! That’s a hard question. Probably Venice. I love the art and architecture there, not to mention the beautiful canals. Passing under a bridge many times in a row is something I’ve always wanted to do! lol! 🙂
4.Which is your favorite food item? In which country did it originate?
If it’s at home with my family, I love palappams and chicken stew, a food known to South India. If I’m eating outside I’d probably go for an American Chop Suey.
5. If you had the chance to interview only one celebrity/world leader in this world, who would it be?
That’s a good question, but the list is so long for me. Billy Graham, probably.
6. If you weren’t allowed to pet dogs, cats, birds or fishes, which animal would you pet?
Haha! An elephant or a monkey .
7. Who is your role model and why? [Apart from yourself]
As a Christian, I find my role model in Jesus. Apart from who he is and what he has done for me, what makes him a role model in my life is the way he loved everyone, especially those most people chose not to love.
8. If you had the chance to empower the LGBT community by saying just 2 sentences, what would you say?
As a Christian, I firmly believe the biblical view regarding this topic. I also believe God loves each and every one of us. Know that you are loved.
9. You are unique. What is that one thing that makes you different from others?
I believe what makes me unique is my many traits, most of which are usually regarded as that of an introvert, mixed with my really talkative, outgoing and straightforward character. I am often shy when you first meet me, but once we know each other, I can be the most talkative and crazy enthusiastic person you will ever meet in your life. 🙂
10. What is the first quality that you want/see in your boyfriend/girlfriend/life partner?
What I would like to see in a life partner would be loyalty, and a love for God and life, enthusiastic and optimistic about everything life throws her way.
11. If you could write a short letter to your younger-self, what would you write in particular?
Wow! Great question! It think it would go something like this:
Hey, bro! Calm down. It’s not as hard as you think. Life’s filled with a lot of turns for the better. God’s in control. And oh, spend a little time cleaning your cupboard. ( It’s a mess now. Would save me a lot of trouble) lol! :). Don’t worry, be happy!
My 11 questions:
1. If you had a time machine, would you go back in time or forward in time and why?
2. If you had a pet ant, what would you name it?
3. What inspires you to blog?
4. Who is God to you?
5. Do you have writer’s blocks now and then? Do you have any ideas to overcome it?
6. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
7. How would you describe love?
8. If you became a millionaire tomorrow, what would you buy first?
9. Who is the person you are most close to?
10. Which is your favourite song?
11. Do you play an instrument? If you don’t which one would you like to play?
I have a lot more nominees in my mind. Most of the people I’ve come across in this beautiful community are great bloggers. As I have to nominate 11 blogs, I have listed here the blogs that came to my mind first.
1.Quotes, Blogs and a Whole lot :- https://daradgamer.wordpress.com/
2.Boots and Bag:- https://bootsandbag.blog/
4.Removing the veil :- https://damarministries1991.wordpress.com/
5.The World From My Eyes :- https://theworldfrommyeyes430.wordpress.com/
6.Easy like Sunday Morning :- https://easylikesundaymorninginfo.wordpress.com/
7.Grief to Life :- https://grieftolife.com/
8.Living what you love :- https://rominascorner.wordpress.com/
9.Sunshine :- https://kerri-elizabeth.com/
10.Splendor in Smoke :- https://splendor-in-smoke.com/
11.John-Eli & friends :- https://john-eli.com/
Thank you guys for believing in me and reading my posts. It’s been great to know each and everyone of you!
Love and hugs,
Wow! I mean WOW!
Guys, I am so happy right now!
I just want to thank you all for making this possible for me. I never thought that I would reach where I am now when I started this blog. Not in an year’s time anyway! This is not just my achievement. This is also your achievement. You guys have inspired me through your blogs and have fuelled my passion for blogging in so many ways.
I thank God for you all! The fact that you guys take time out of your life to listen to this 17 year old’s version of life is something I’ll always be grateful to you for. Thank you so much for the encouragement, love and support you guys have shown me. I hope to add colour to your lives through my posts in the days to come.
I would love to share with you the most important thing I’ve learnt in my one year of blogging.
Connect with other people. Leave a comment. Be a part of their lives. Yes, it will increase your blog’s traffic, but more importantly, it will inspire you and teach you so many new things. You can build your own community! I’ve tried my best to connect with every person I see on my blog. Visit your readers’ blogs and be a part of their lives. Not only does it help you to understand your readers, it also connects you and what you write to the right people.
I hope you guys have a great day! Thank you for being a part of the 4D family, where we go beyond what we see!
Cheerio! And See you soon! 🙂